It’s summer, when many fruits are in season. This is the perfect time to create a fruit smoothie using seasonal fruits like strawberries and watermelon. This was my first smoothie made with watermelon and it was amazing! I added some mint to the smoothie to see how it would taste. I was not disappointed.
This summery smoothie will cool you down while rehydrating at the same. This smoothie is packed with vitamins, lycopene, and antioxidants. Did you know watermelon contains more lycopene that raw tomatoes? This powerful antioxidant has shown anti-cancer potential and helps lower stroke risk. It can also protect your skin from sunburn (2).
This smoothie is a great way to refresh yourself. It doesn’t require any liquid, since watermelon is mainly water. Just add some ice, and you will feel refreshed. Enjoy!
Enjoy a refreshing summer smoothie
Fruit smoothies are a delicious way to get antioxidants in your diet.
- 1 cup of watermelon
- Organic strawberries, 1 cup
- 1 cup of pomegranate seeds
- Bananas ripe
- Coconut oil, 1 tbsp
- A handful of mint
- Prepare the ingredients. Cut the watermelon and reserve 1 cup of the fruit for the smoothie. Use the pomegranate seed directly from the pomegranate. Strawberry and mint should be washed.
- Blend all ingredients on high speed in a blender until smooth.
- Blend the smoothie for a few seconds longer after adding ice.
- If you are feeling really hot, add more ice!
Buy organic strawberries whenever possible – I got mine at Sainsbury’s.
My blender just isn’t that good, so I think you should be pleased if yours looks smoother!
Add some flaxseeds, flaxseeds, or chia seeds to thicken it.