It’s easy to make this smoothie bowl, which is a quick and healthy meal or snack. All you have to do is throw in some vegetables after washing them and all the other ingredients into the blender. In seconds, you’re ready!
In the last year, I have experimented a lot with smoothies. I made green smoothies specifically. I tried different combinations of ingredients to find the best combination. This green smoothie bowl was the result of my learnings. I learned quickly what worked and what didn’t. It’s high fibre content makes it special, as it fills you up so you don’t feel hungry afterward. You will be familiar with the fact that smoothies don’t usually fill you up. They make you hungry very quickly afterward. This is what I have experienced, but this smoothie was different.
This smoothie is extra-fibre-rich thanks to psyllium, a fibre derived from the Plantago Ovata. Monkey Nutrition* sent me organic Psyllium Husk to use in my smoothie.
This smoothie bowl was so delicious, I ate it as dinner when I did not feel like cooking. Although it may not look pretty, it tastes great and is very nutritious.
High fibre green smoothie with pomegranate seed
Green smoothie bowl – perfect for a quick lunch or dinner
- Coconut milk or other cow’s alternative milk should be 200 ml and more.
- 1 tbsp of flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp of psyllium Husk
- Bananas – 1 medium size ripe one
- 34 cucumber
- A handful of spinach
- 1 tbsp almond or peanut butter
- A handful of pomegranate seed
- Hempseeds hulled 2 tbsp
- 1 tsp Organic Coconut Oil
- Pomegranate seeds are used for toppings
- Add the cucumbers and spinach to the blender.
- Blend the remaining ingredients at high speed.
- Sprinkle pomegranate seeds on top.